Monday, March 7, 2011

A $60 Million Modern Palace

Most of my blog’s content has been pretty academic. However, this entry is different. One of my friends emailed me a video about a newly built house that is on the market for sixty million dollars on an island off the coast of Miami. Yes, I said sixty million dollars! As if this home’s price tag isn’t surprising enough, it’s being sold during one of the worst economic downturns in our country’s history.

I don’t think this mansion will sell anytime soon. It’s almost impossible to even finance it. This home’s gutsy developers will probably lose money on their investment since property tax alone cost them $1 million per year. Regardless if this mansion sells or not, I still think a description of what sixty million dollars can buy in the current housing market is worth mentioning.
           
           This compound consists of five separate buildings, providing residents about 30,000 square feet of living space and ten bedrooms. As if multiple waterfalls, a koi pond, wine cellar, and a vertical garden aren’t extravagant enough, a private beach with sand imported from the Bahamas is another benefit of living here. The master bedroom’s closet is just as oversized as the house itself. I’ve seen smaller apartments. Without a doubt, I think two of the most pointless features of this home are its five kitchens and twelve refrigerators. Is it even possible to take full advantage of this level of luxury? Since I’m not a billionaire, I’m sure I don’t understand the value in what this home has to offer. 



1 comment:

  1. I would love to live in a Modern Palace. That would be nice… You know, just like any other day in the neighborhood…

    Yea right!! That amazing and beautiful home seems just pointless, and I agree with you, five kitchens and twelve refrigerators?? No wonder America is fat. More refrigerators than there are kitchens. Are there any in the bedrooms?

    Whats really sad is that someone can afford to build and create a $60 MILLION DOLLAR home, and not think how many mouths they can feed, or build hundreds of homes instead of just one large one, save abused animals, and just plain charity.

    I feel sorry for the guy who built it. For someone who has that much money and just wants to make more seems lifeless. MONEY MONEY MONEY. What this world revolves around, but then again there are any billionaires that create charity foundations and go do charity work. But, obviously not this guy. Then again, we'll never know.

    ReplyDelete